Technical Manager Brentford, London Technical Manager
Be develops luxury homes for sale as well as operating homes for the private rented sector. Not all property developers are the same as at be we see our developments as the foundations of whole new communities. After all its people that make the place and that is also true of working at be. For more information please visit www.be.co.uk
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to provide leadership and management of the design process and allocated resources.
- Ensure that outputs of all designers meet all technical and commercial requirements within each project.
- Manage the design process and promote integration of disciplines in accordance with management processes.
- Provide technical support to the bid process including input into the development of comprehensive set of contractor’s proposals.
- Attend and contribute to client facing meetings during the tender/procurement process and articulate with clarity the design development process to our clients and the wider design teams.
- Manage the design interface issues between different components and ensure that everyone is clear on the interface.
- Liaise with design consultants and attend design meetings advising on commercial effects of design proposals.
- To deliver the design required to meet the start on sites dates in line with the management account.
The Brentford development is set over 4.7ha of industrial land which has been reclaimed for this project and is set to be build over two main phases. Phase 1 consists of the construction of a 17,500 seat stadium for Brentford FC due for completion in August 2019 and the works will commence in March 18. The residential section of Phase 1 consists of 487 homes delivering a mix of private and affordable rental units.Essential and Desirable CriteriaEssential
- Good demonstrable standard of written and spoken English.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
Proven experience of:
- Construction related degree.
- Contracting experience
- Various forms of construction technology.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- An understanding of CAD.
- Management of multiple projects or projects of a complex nature or high value.
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Interpretation of project documentation and developing appropriate strategies.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of project deliverables.
Be embraces diversity in the workplace To apply for this role please email your CV, in the first instance, to email@example.com