Senior Quantity Surveyor Brentford, London Senior Quantity Surveyor
Be develops luxury homes for sale as well as operating homes for the private rented sector. Not all property developers are the same as at be we see our developments as the foundations of whole new communities. After all its people that make the place and that is also true of working at be. For more information please visit www.be.co.uk
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Surveyor to work on our prestigious Kew Bridge project. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful candidate will manage the commercials and ensure that budgeted targets are achieved on time.Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively contribute to the project team.
- Build working relationships with supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate.
- Ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
- Identify potential disputes in a timely manner to Line Manager.
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
- Ensure subcontract orders accurately reflect the main contract requirements and scope of works.
- Accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the project’s cash position.
- Complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
- Achieve timely and equitable resolution of client and supply chain final accounts.
- Provide early warning of future financial problems and ensure accurate real time reporting.
- Manage and minimise non recoverable costs on projects.
- Develop and manage junior surveying staff.
- Price and effectively agree all project variations.
- Creatively consider value engineering and improved build ability solutions.
The Brentford development is set over 4.7ha of industrial land which has been reclaimed for this project and is set to be build over two main phases. Phase 1 consists of the construction of a 17,500 seat stadium for Brentford FC due for completion in August 2019 and the works will commence in March 18. The residential section of Phase 1 consists of 487 homes delivering a mix of private and affordable rental units.Essential and Desirable CriteriaEssential
- Successful procurement experience.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience in Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
- A working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- Experience of leading or assisting Financial/cost control on a relevant project.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Construction related degree
- Working towards MCIOB or RICS
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself
- Monitor the quality of your work and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
- Additional information
- Be embraces diversity in the workplace.
Be embraces diversity in the workplace.To apply for this role please email your CV, in the first instance, to firstname.lastname@example.org